I’m so excited to announce we are hosting a book party in San Francisco for my friends Erin Jang and Steph Hung. Remember these craft classes I mentioned a few weeks ago? Well, they sold out quickly but don’t worry – if you missed your chance to sign up for a class, you can still join us for the book party on Wednesday January 14th! Come meet Erin and Steph in our studio from 6-8pm. There will be a brief presentation, Q+A with the authors, and a book signing. The good folks from Folio Books will also be here with a fresh shipment of books for sale. There will be wine provided by Jamieson Ranch, light refreshments and a few crafty surprises. Please click here to RSVP. We hope you can make it!
Well, the first thing you need to know is our bathroom is pink. We are planning to eventually renovate it but I was feeling like it needed a little refresh until we can get around to some larger renovations. (Here are some pictures of the “before” at the end.) I just wanted to make a few changes that would make the space more usable and pleasant place to be. We did the whole thing in one day and the bathroom feels completely new. Here are the 5 things we did to make our bathroom more functional and pretty:
1. The first thing we did was paint the walls white. I didn’t want the blue wall color competing with the pink tile. It gave us a nice clean blank slate.
2. Next, we added extra lighting since it feels dark in there in the morning. If things aren’t functional it doesn’t matter if they are pretty. I found this vintage wall lamp at a old store and loved how it looked. It matches the chrome details of the bathroom.
3. Then we got a bunch of new fluffy towels. We are a white towel household. I love white towels because they look good and are actually easy to take care of. The only problem is we were getting towels mixed up in between showers. I’m willing to share a lot with my children, but not my towel! So I added metal hardware and name plates. That way everyone has a place to hang their towel. Our hand towels I keep rolled up in a basket. We got the fluffy new white towels from Target.
4. We got new bathroom accessories like toothbrush holders since ours were on their last leg and emptied our soap into the pretty chrome soap dispenser.
5. To finish, I always like to add a few sprigs of greenery. It’s an easy touch to make the bathroom look wild and fresh.
Et voila! We got an easy bathroom makeover in less than a day. The extra lighting and new accessories and towels make such a big difference. It makes me wish we’d done it a year ago!
Photography by Paul Ferney for Oh Happy Day
Today we’re re-launching Bright Lab Lights! This is a company I started last year with some friends. We’ve got all of the 40 colors back in stock and we’ve updated the website with a new ordering system, free shipping and better customer service. Let me know what you think!
Here’s the final post in our 2014 Year in Review. Thank you to all the readers who read and support Oh Happy Day. We had a great year and we can’t wait to see what 2015 has in store. Happy New Year! (PS – Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 of our 2014 Year in Review.)
19. 5 Ways to Wrap Small Gifts | 20. Paper Boat Decorations | 21. How to Make a Dessert Table | 22. Treat Bag Advent Calendar | 23. Crepe Paper Flower Advent Calendar | 24. Marzipan Tree Cake Decorations
25. Printable Holiday Tree Ornaments | 26. Printable Faux Bow Gift Boxes | 27. Holiday Party with Mini Food | 28. Modern Holiday Decorating | 29. Silver and Gold Star Pinatas | 30. Chocolate Necklace DIY
31. Crepe Paper Swirlers | 32. How to Buy Art for a Gallery Wall | 33. Gold Mini Wreath Cupcake Toppers | 34. Pom Pom Mini Trees | 35. New Years Straw Starburst Garland | 36. Hot Cocoa Bar + DIY Marshmallows