1. This modern Mexican-themed backdrop is stunning.
2. Love these easy fabric bags as favors.
3. I want to take this floral class and make this bouquet!
4. A brilliant way to say Happy Birthday!
5. Beautiful DIY placemats.
Today I’m sharing how we made the giant dot mural in our studio. It is a really simple process to make, all we used was acrylic paints and giant sweet potatoes. I based it off of this project I made with potato dots from a few years ago. In our studio upstairs there is a big room with floor to ceiling windows. One wall we needed to leave blank for photoshoots but I wanted some sort of mural on the other wall. We want to have craft nights and classes (announcements coming soon!) and so it needed a little somethin’-somethin’ besides a blank wall. In the future I want it to always be changing and have different artists come paint it but for now we have our giant dot wall and we love it. The details for making your own are below.
Click through for full instructions!
1. A genius idea for a springtime party.
2. These DIY valentines are so fun!
3. Some of my favorite bloggers have party lines coming out at Target!!!
4. White chocolate covered pretzels with sprinkles are the perfect party snack.
5. How cute is this little donkey pinata?!
I’m so happy to finally share some of the changes we’ve been working on the last few months at Oh Happy Day studio. First up is the Kitchen! This space wasn’t always a kitchen. It was a funny room in the back that got great light but wasn’t pleasant to be in since that is where all the boxes and random supplies would get stuffed when we had a project going on. We finally decided to to take the prime real estate and turn it into a little kitchen area. Last month we tackled that sad little room head-on. We knew we wanted to paint the kitchen a bright color and collaborated with Valspar since they have an awesome Love Your Color Guarantee. If you don’t love the color you chose you can try a new one, on them. It made it way easier to try a bold color like Poker Green in a small space. We made the video below showing the transformation that I’m really excited about, I hope you like it!
Click through for all the details and more photos.
1. These expandable paper hearts by Minieco are awesome.
2. Great ideas for edible Valentines by Oh Joy!
3. An amazing DIY gift (via 100 Layer Cakelet.)
4. Confetti System‘s paper flowers make me want to book a tropical vacation.
5. I love these DIY party decorations on Creature Comforts.