Recent Posts

  1. bex

    July 17, 2006

    what the heck is a Design art marker ? pick me up one too. i will pay you back. why does martha have to be so cool?

  2. jordan

    July 17, 2006

    I wonder if it isn’t just a marker used for rendering. You know the kind the smell strong and bleed so beautifully? I have a bunch of those at home already.

  3. Design Mom

    July 17, 2006

    Yes, I’ve done this and it works just as described. It was in one of my first issues of Martha ever — maybe 8 years ago or so.

    Design is the brand name of the markers. They are those markers sold individually by color on racks in art supply stores. Primsacolor is another brand of similar markers, but I believe the Prismacolor colorless blender didn’t work as well as the Design one.

    If you find a good source online, please let me know.

  4. jordan

    July 17, 2006

    Thanks Gabby.

  5. Hello.

    July 17, 2006

    You can also use acetone with a photo copy of the picture that you want to transfer, we learned it in art class. It has to be a toner copy, not ink jet…but acetone is probably way cheaper than those pens and you can get a huge can of it for like 2 bucks. But then I don’t know why you would need a huge can?

  6. kenda

    July 18, 2006

    i could never find the pen martha talked about, but i’ve done it with acetone and it’s brilliant. i made a couple with my wedding photographs- turned cheesy color photos into beautiful antique-looking/almost like a tin type.

  7. Susan

    March 4, 2008

    Reading through the archive…I love this project. However, Martha removed instructions…anyone willing to share the details?

  8. Susan

    March 4, 2008

    NM – don’t be worried…I found the directions…crisis averted! Love your life (and blog)!

Comments are Closed

More Recent Posts