Confession: I’m a 36 year old woman sans children with a strange penchant for collecting kids toys. Case in point: I recently acquired this gorgeous Janod Circus Story Box containing, quite possibly, the prettiest set of little wooden toys imaginable. It’s funny where you get your inspiration because I soon became fascinated by the beauty of circus pedestals (or ringmaster stands)- a tiny, innocuous detail that I had never paid much attention to before but soon realized could be turned into the cutest little favor boxes!
With a set of round, kraft or wooden boxes and some paint you could create multiple designs using a variety of common circus motifs and traditional circus and carnival colors!
- For this project I’ve used the gorgeous wooden boxes in our shop but you can always opt for smaller boxes in cheaper materials, like kraft cardboard, if you have budget constraints.
- Use bold paint colors like primary yellow and red, green and teal.
- Further embellish your boxes with metallic stars (created from craft punches or stickers) and mini paper fans. Maybe even top your boxes with toy animals!
- If you wish to tape words or messages to them, try searching dafont.com for appropriate circus and western free fonts.
- Fill with colorful confetti, candy, mini toys, balloons, buttons, vintage trinkets and tickets!
Happy crafting! 🙂