As much as I try to stay on top of things, sometimes I get behind and end up planning events at the last minute. In case you ever find yourself having to plan a baby shower in a rush, here are 9 items that you can easily pick up from local stores. If you’re quick, you could get all the shopping & decorating done in less than 3 hours!
1. A fun treat. If you’re feeling confident, you can bake a few yummy treats. But, if you’re looking for something quick, most grocery stores have mini bundt cakes available in the bakery section.
2. Favors. Wrap up candy in tissue paper and tie with a ribbon. You can cut the edges to look like petals if you have time…
3. Thank you cards. Buy a pretty pack as a gift for the new mom. When guests arrive, have them write down their name and address on an envelope!
4. Flowers. Use these as a centerpiece. Spring is a great time to raid the flower section of your local grocery store and build your own simple bouquets!
5. Letter balloons. Balloons always add lots of impact, so you don’t have to decorate with much else. Spell out the name of the new baby with giant mylar balloons – available at most party stores (or online here.)
7. Drinks. Mimosas are a great crowd pleaser, especially if you’re hosting a morning brunch. Pick up orange juice, champagne, and ginger ale (a champagne replacement for the expecting mother!) at any grocery store.
8. Napkins. Target has a great selection of paper napkins in every color – to match whatever color scheme you decide to go with!
9. An easy garland. I’m obsessed with this garland DIY that we shared on the blog a few weeks ago. It’s super simple and takes only a few minutes to whip together! All you need are scissors and paper streamers – which you can find almost anywhere (even grocery stores!)