Our Favorite Craft Supplies: Glue
These are the types of glue that I use most often for Oh Happy Day projects. I’m a super fan of the Quick Dry Tacky Glue. I use it any time I am doing paper projects (It’s seriously the best!)
Click through for details…
1. Quick Dry Tacky Glue. This is the glue we use for 80% of our projects and we buy it in bulk. It’s not super strong (it doesn’t work great with metal or plastic), but it’s the perfect strength for gluing paper together. Make sure you buy the “Quick Dry” version so you don’t get stuck waiting for glue to dry in the middle of a project. Here are a few DIYs that we mad with this glue: Homemade Paper Lanterns, Mini Kite Cake Toppers, Italic Monogram Pinatas.
2. Hot Glue Gun. Hot glue is great because it dries so fast! It’s perfect if you need to make something quickly. Just watch your fingers – I’ve had my fair share of burns. It’s not that strong but it works great for lightweight materials (like plastic, styrofoam, and wood.) And it’s great if you need to attach paper to plastic or string. We used it when we made our Geometric Party Installation and Floral Happy Birthday Headbands.
3. Spray Adhesive. This is the quickest and easiest way to glue large areas at one time. It especially perfect when you need to glue paper to poster board or foam board so it’s great for making signs. It’s light enough that it won’t cause the paper to bubble up or wrinkle (like it does when you use too much white glue in an area.) When you use it, follow the instructions on the bottle and make sure there’s a lot of ventilation. You don’t want that stuff in your lungs. Here are a few projects where we used spray adhesive: Travel Memory Map, Glitter Disco Ball.
4. Glue Dots – These are great if you want to avoid a mess and just need a quick dot of adhesive. Essentially, they work like a super-strong piece of double-stick tape. We used them to make these DIY Food Containers and Pipe Cleaner Wrapping, but they’re also great for holding things in place when styling photo shoots!
5. Super Glue. Everyone needs to keep a tube of super glue around. We use it sparingly. It’s really too strong for gluing paper together, but it’s great to have when working with metal, plastic or porcelain. It was perfect when we made these Shrinky Dink Father’s Day Gifts.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.