Have you ever had to plan a birthday party at the last minute? In a perfect world, I like to have a few weeks to plan out a theme. But sometimes life gets in the way and it just doesn’t work out like that. So if I need to plan something in a rush, here are 9 things I know I can pick up for an awesome party. All of these items can be found at local stores (Party City, Target, etc.) If you hurry, you could probably do all your shopping and set up in less than 3 hours!
1. A dessert. I like donuts: they’re unexpected, fun, and super easy to get at the last minute. Stack them up to make a bigger impact. (Photo from here.)
2. A pinata. Parties are always more fun when there’s an activity to help keep people entertained – and pinatas are always crowd pleasers. I love making my own, but in a pinch there’s always great choices at Party City.
5. Sprinkles. These are great to have on hand in a pinch. You can use them to decorate your donuts or top off drinks. (But really, they’re good on everything.)
6. A simple garland. This doesn’t have to be hard or take lots of time. Cut lots of triangles out of colored paper and glue them to string. Done. (Photo from here.)
7. Napkins. I love that these can double as plates – especially if you’re serving a simple dessert like donuts.
8. Balloons. Keep these in a bunch to add lots of impact with a limited budget. (Photo from here.)
9. Drinks. I like serving lemonade – everyone loves it and it’s super easy to get. Pour it into a beverage dispenser to make it look nicer.
PS – If you want to stock up ahead of time, don’t forget to check out the stash of supplies we keep in our party closet!