5 Awesome Vacations with Kids
We’ve been home for about 6 weeks but I am already anxious to plan our next adventure. I’m in love with the idea of renting out our apartment for a month and then taking a long trip to somewhere. Here are some trips that I’ve been dreaming about! I want somewhere adventurous but that would still be pretty fun with little kids.
1. Rio de Janeiro in January. I would love to rent an apartment near the beach when it is cold in the US. We’ve been to Rio once but I would love to take my kids there. I love drinking all the juices and eating roasted cheese on the beach!
2. Hawaii. At one point in my life I avoided Hawaii because it seemed like somewhere that old people vacationed. If I was going to use my vacation days I wanted to go somewhere hard to get to. Then I went there and realized that I couldn’t be more wrong. It is heaven on earth. It is easy to get to from the West Coast. The remote parts of the islands feel so isolated and beautiful and the best part: my cell phone works!
3. A Cabin in Montana. I’ve only been to Montana once but it is one of the prettiest places I’ve ever been. I’ve been missing the Mountain West lately and would love to stay in a remote cabin (as long as it has wifi) and take roadtrips down to Jackson and Yellowstone.
4. Sailing the Mediterranean. It might be too soon for them to appreciate it but when my kids get a little bit older I really want to charter a boat and do a week long sailing trip. Last summer my friends and I chartered a sailboat (with a captain) and sailed the Greek Isles. It would be really great with kids, kind of like a cruise but without all the bad parts.
5. Swedish Archipelago in the Summer. There are lots of tiny islands outside Stockholm that make up a giant archipelago. In the summer when it stays light most of the night (they are so far north of the equator!) people go out to their summer homes and vacation. I’d love to rent a little cabin and spend a few weeks swimming and exploring.
What is your dream vacation? I usually waffle between somewhere remote and beautiful or smack dab in the middle of a big city.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.