Clorox recently approached us with the challenge to transform a bathroom into a stay-at-home tropical paradise. I’ve always seen bathrooms as a kind of sanctuary- a place where I can momentarily escape and collect myself each day, so the concept of creating an almost zen-like, tropical getaway actually sounds awesome!
Here’s the thing- it doesn’t require an expensive overhaul. Just a few simple touches will create the vibe!
- To start we prepared the bathroom using the Clorox® Scentiva™ Pacific Breeze & Coconut™ surface cleaner. It’s actually a time saver because it cleans, disinfects and deodorizes in one step and as a bonus makes your bathroom smell like a tropical vacation!
- Next, add plants. Using lush greenery INSTANTLY transforms your space.
- Since the sense of smell is closely linked with memory, scents can be a super powerful way to create a mood! Coconut scented hand/body wash and shampoo is a must! And, of course, scented cleaning products like Clorox® Scentiva™, Bathroom Foam Cleaner, Toilet Cleaning Gel and Bathroom Disinfecting Foamer Spray can make a huge difference.
- Replace towels with Turkish towels in beachy stripes!
- Large pillar candles in hurricane lamps will create an outdoorsy and exotic vibe.
- Use woven baskets to store towels or toilet paper. They can also be used as planters!
- Use touches of wood or bamboo throughout your space. Try a teak bath tub caddy or a wooden stool.
- Finally, include beach artwork or photography in your decor!
This post is sponsored by Clorox® Scentiva™ Pacific Breeze & Coconut™