Well, the first thing you need to know is our bathroom is pink. We are planning to eventually renovate it but I was feeling like it needed a little refresh until we can get around to some larger renovations. (Here are some pictures of the “before” at the end.) I just wanted to make a few changes that would make the space more usable and pleasant place to be. We did the whole thing in one day and the bathroom feels completely new. Here are the 5 things we did to make our bathroom more functional and pretty:
1. The first thing we did was paint the walls white. I didn’t want the blue wall color competing with the pink tile. It gave us a nice clean blank slate.
2. Next, we added extra lighting since it feels dark in there in the morning. If things aren’t functional it doesn’t matter if they are pretty. I found this vintage wall lamp at a old store and loved how it looked. It matches the chrome details of the bathroom.
3. Then we got a bunch of new fluffy towels. We are a white towel household. I love white towels because they look good and are actually easy to take care of. The only problem is we were getting towels mixed up in between showers. I’m willing to share a lot with my children, but not my towel! So I added metal hardware and name plates. That way everyone has a place to hang their towel. Our hand towels I keep rolled up in a basket. We got the fluffy new white towels from Target.
4. We got new bathroom accessories like toothbrush holders since ours were on their last leg and emptied our soap into the pretty chrome soap dispenser.
5. To finish, I always like to add a few sprigs of greenery. It’s an easy touch to make the bathroom look wild and fresh.
Et voila! We got an easy bathroom makeover in less than a day. The extra lighting and new accessories and towels make such a big difference. It makes me wish we’d done it a year ago!
Photography by Paul Ferney for Oh Happy Day