If you don’t have plans for Valentine’s Day plans yet, throw a fun party for your friends! Even though there are only a few days left, there’s still plenty of time to pull something together. Just send out a quick Evite right now then take a few hours to pick up all these items from local stores. It’s so easy, there’s really no excuse! xoxo
1. Hot chocolate. Keep it simple and pick up pre-packaged hot chocolate (just add water!) and marshmallows. If you’re feeling ambitious, you can cut the marshmallows into hearts.
2. Heart lights. Lighting is a great & easy way to add ambiance at a party. These are quirky and sure to set the mood.
3. Kiss confetti. Confetti’s always good to have on hand at parties. It’s perfect for sprucing up the food table and works as a great photo prop. You can find versions of this kiss confetti at Party City. But if you’re particular about color, it also wouldn’t be too hard to DIY. Get some different shades of red, pink and orange tissue paper, fold them over each other, and cut out a lips shape.
5. Heart balloons. You can either blow up some latex heart balloons and scatter them around the room or fill them with helium and have them float on the ceiling.
6. Pink napkins. For simple snacks, napkins work great as an alternative to plates.
7. A chick flick. It is Valentine’s Day, after all.
8. Roses. Grocery store flowers can look surprisingly beautiful. I always get a bundle of one color (no mixes or baby’s breath) and put them in a simple vase. (Photo from here.)
9. Strawberries. A simple and sweet dessert that pairs perfectly with hot chocolate.
PS – Planning a last minute birthday party? Here‘s everything you’ll need.