Hey all! I am back from our two week trip to Spain, Portugal and Morocco. I am feeling so inspired. Here are some of the goodies I was inspired by. Some I bought and some I wish I had bought.
01. Morrocan Rugs. They definitely lived up to the hype. I wanted to buy all of them and bring them home to live with me. Instead I bought (and bargained) for two that were old and worn. Only $200 for both!
02. The Big Leather Satchel. In Morocco they had a giant satchel similar to this one except it was yellow. I bargained down to $70 but ended up not buying it. (I had just bought the rugs and was feeling poor.) I’ve been dreaming about it ever since. It was the bag that got away.
03. Churro Maker. They make beautiful industrial machines or you can pick up a $10 little guy. I can’t wait to make my own chocolat con churros!
04. Joaquin Sorolla Art Book. Paul made us go to an out of the way museum to see Joaquin Sorolla’s work. I absolutely loved it. His paintings are amazing. I picked up a book for our collection (though it isn’t the one pictured here, I couldn’t find it online.)
05. Catarina Martins Handmade Shoes. I came across a little boutique in Lisbon where they sell these increadible handmade shoes. They are honestly the prettiest shoes I’ve ever seen. The leather is soft and the edges are unfinished. Really really beautiful. For handmade shoes they weren’t priced outrageous either. Each pair was around $130.
06. Juicer. Drinking fresh juice everyday is such a luxury, it has me wanting a juicer. Anybody have one they recommend?
07. Baby Shoes. I found an entire baby shoe store in Sevilla where all the little leather shoes were only $20. We were in a rush so I didn’t have time to shop. I wanted to stock up so every time a friend had a baby I could give them an amazing pair of shoes. This picture is going to haunt me the rest of my life. (I didn’t write down the address but I think it was on Avenida de la Constitucion near the Cathedral.)