Party + Wedding Ideas
You've got a party to throw? Well, you’ve come to the right place. Here you’ll find our favorite party ideas. Showers, Birthday parties, Anniversaries, and Weddings all in one spot! Ideas we came up with and links to the best ones on the web.
by Sally J Shim
For the past two years my family and I have been living overseas in Busan, South Korea. Since my children attend an international school they have friends from all over the world. One of the fun things about having an international group of friends is learning about the various holidays and traditions they observe. Most people are aware of the popular American holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, but what about Kite Flying Day? Kite Flying Day is February 8! I just learned about it this year and I think it is a fun excuse to gather friends, go outside, and fly a kite! Here is a fun invitation you can make for your Kite Flying Day festivities.
Click through for instructions…
1. This floral doorway on OnceWed is stunning.
2. I love the colors on these adorable favor bags by You Are My Fave for Julep.
3. I’m obsessed with these string lights from onefortythree.
4. How About Orange made these awesome origami hearts.
5. Real Simple shares some genius ideas for homemade Valentine’s Day cards. Which one is your fave?
Are you a fan of the Olympics? If you’re planning to watch the games in a few weeks, try inviting over a few of your friends for a fun winter party. Even if you can’t make it to Sochi this year, you can still cheer on your country with hot chocolate, marshmallows, homemade popcorn, and snowflakes!
1. Giochi di Carta shared this stunning cake topper.
2. Such a great, easy centerpiece idea on Local Milk.
3. This fox cake by Handmade Charlotte is awesome.
4. I love this fun Valentine idea on Julep!
5. My family and friends threw me an awesome, carnival-themed birthday party on Wednesday night! It was so much fun!!
I love fresh flowers and I’m always looking for creative ways to incorporate them into my party decor. Here a few ideas I’ve found on Pinterest this past week. Which one would you try? (PS. Don’t forget to follow Oh Happy Day on Pinterest! xoxo)