Party + Wedding Ideas
You've got a party to throw? Well, you’ve come to the right place. Here you’ll find our favorite party ideas. Showers, Birthday parties, Anniversaries, and Weddings all in one spot! Ideas we came up with and links to the best ones on the web.
I can’t believe the first day of summer is this Friday! To celebrate, I thought it would be fun to throw a special party – complete with themed invitations, colorful decorations, infused lemonade, mix and match popsicles, and fun gift bags. All week, I’ll be sharing the DIYs for each of these elements so that you can throw a similar summertime soiree. When it came to decorating the food table, we kept things simple: a few expandable honeycombs and a striped green tablecloth set the mood. (PS – My favorite summertime party treat.)
On warm summer evenings, there’s nothing more perfect than a popsicle. We like to sit on our front stoop and eat them while we people watch. So it seemed obvious to include them in a First Day of Summer party. My friend Andrea came up with a great “Mix ‘N Match” idea. She makes 5 or 6 different popsicle flavors, then layers them in the popsicle mold before freezing. That way, each popsicle is a little different – and each guest can pick one that fits their own tastes.
Click through for instructions.
1. I love these hanging paper diamonds on 100 Layer Cake.
2. Say Yes to Hoboken‘s adorable fruit wands are perfect for the 4th of July.
3. Pretty paper flower monogram cake toppers by DesignSponge.
4. The House That Lars Built‘s creative gift wrapping for Dad.
5. Awesome paper lamps by BoligLiv (via Decor8.)
For a while now, I’ve been wanting to do this refresh of one of my favorite projects. Originally, I made these Colorful Vellum Mobiles for Project Wedding. But, I’ve wanted to try the DIY again with smaller strips of cardstock instead. I love that the final product feels so delicate. When all hung up together, the mobiles look like they’re dancing. (PS – We used this same process to make the Circle Photobooth for our Mod Party!)
Click through for instructions…
1. Designlovefest is filling her friends’ cars with flower bombs.
2. We love Maybelle‘s calligraphy. Don’t miss her new website and Etsy shop!
3. These wedding invitations by The Indigo Bunting are lovely (and make me wish I was back in Paris.)
4. Snowdrop and Company made some seriously awesome diamond decorations over on Sugar & Cloth.
5. It seems like Simple Lovely‘s weekend was pretty awesome.