1. An adorable, fox-themed baby shower by Making It Lovely.
2. The Alison Show‘s awesome watercolor tutorial series.
3. SF Girl By Bay shows how to make the perfect photo booth for summer.
4. Easy and refreshing ways to serve water (by A Cup of Jo.)
5. The cutest cupcake toppers for sale by Yellow Bird, Yellow Beard on Etsy.
Here are some of the happy party supplies I’ve had my eye on. I’m adding some of these to my party closet!
1. San Francisco may not get the warmest summer weather, but that didn’t stop SFGirlByBay from hosting an awesome indoor picnic!
2. The House That Lars Built shows that flowers don’t always make the prettiest boutonnieres.
3. I love all the creative drink stick ideas from A Beautiful Mess.
4. Design*Sponge is making party decorations from things they already own.
5. The cutest way to ask a friend to be your bridesmaid (via Ruffled.)
Beautiful parties don’t always require a lot of energy. Most of the time, I can whip up something special within a couple hours – thanks to the supplies I always keep stocked in my party closet. For this party we pulled out of my stash: some crepe paper folds, my roll of white butcher paper, treat bags, striped napkins, and some tall candles. The giant fringe number makes a big impact and is perfect for kids. It took 1-2 hours to make but once it was completed, everything else came together quickly. (See the complete DIY here.) We crafted the tablecloth by painting loose yellow stripes onto white butcher paper and cutting scallops around the edges. After that, it just took a quick run to the party store and bakery to fill my balloons with helium, purchase favors for the gift bags, and pick up a yellow cake. Voila! A simple and easy party.
The idea behind this column is you can keep a basic amount of party supplies in your closet and create several different parties with just a little bit of preparation. For this party we pulled: rainbow streamers, striped straws, tall candles, confetti, and patterned napkins from my party closet (see the whole closet here.) I picked up the cake from a bakery and the whole thing was put together in about an hour.