flora + fauna
1. A perfect floral backdrop by Cedarwood Weddings.
2. My kids would love this 4th of July project (by Say Yes to Hoboken.)
3. Ardor‘s party straws are awesome.
4. I love the decor at You Are My Fave‘s ice cream party.
5. This fringe firework cake topper by Confettipop is amazing.
These adorable mini crowns would be the perfect addition to any little girls’ party. They’re really easy to make, and don’t require expert painting skills. In fact, they look better when they’re not perfect, even a little messy. Once you’ve painted a floral pattern, use our template (below) to turn it into a crown. Every little girl at the party will feel like a princess! (PS – Don’t forget about these pretty Watercolor Party Hats!)
Click through for instructions.
They used to have this giant paper tree at my favorite store Tail of the Yak as one of their store displays (they’ve since changed it) but I love the idea of making a paper flower tree for a shower or party. It fits perfect for spring. We made one and I loved it so much I’ve kept it on my desk. It would be cute to go with these: Painted Paper Flower Hats for a bridal or baby shower or a really fun birthday party. (ps: Screensaver is from Door 16.)
Click through for more photos and instructions.
1. The very festive honeycomb display on Love Taza.
2. We are so excited about this book (via Creature Comforts.)
3. Stephmodo‘s new project for Anthropologie.
4. Un Beau Jour‘s delicious save the dates. (I love this French wedding blog!)
5. Tips and tricks for throwing an awesome event (by Designlovefest.)
I’ve made floral party hats before, but this week we made a whole paper flower tree in our studio (DIY coming soon!) and it made me want to do a refresh of one of my favorite crafts ever. These fascinators have a crepe paper base, but we added painted paper petals to give them an extra punch of color. We attached flowers in different sizes and added a few hanging ribbons to make them more interesting. I’m in love with the final product! They’ll definitely be making an appearance at our Easter party.