flora + fauna
It’s no secret that I love making paper flowers. And over the years, they’ve become quite a staple here on Oh Happy Day. Here are a few of my favorite projects that we’ve done. Which ones have you tried?
A. Paper Flower Cone Bouquet | B. Paper Calla Lilies | C. Hand Painted Flower Tree | D. Giant Flower Photobooth Backdrop | E. Mini Paper Flower Party Hats | F. Mini Crepe Paper Flower Favors | G. Flower Party Blowers | H. Easy Crepe Paper Garland | I. Painted Paper Flower Headbands | J. Paper Flower Corsages
1. A perfect floral backdrop by Cedarwood Weddings.
2. My kids would love this 4th of July project (by Say Yes to Hoboken.)
3. Ardor‘s party straws are awesome.
4. I love the decor at You Are My Fave‘s ice cream party.
5. This fringe firework cake topper by Confettipop is amazing.
These adorable mini crowns would be the perfect addition to any little girls’ party. They’re really easy to make, and don’t require expert painting skills. In fact, they look better when they’re not perfect, even a little messy. Once you’ve painted a floral pattern, use our template (below) to turn it into a crown. Every little girl at the party will feel like a princess! (PS – Don’t forget about these pretty Watercolor Party Hats!)
Click through for instructions.
They used to have this giant paper tree at my favorite store Tail of the Yak as one of their store displays (they’ve since changed it) but I love the idea of making a paper flower tree for a shower or party. It fits perfect for spring. We made one and I loved it so much I’ve kept it on my desk. It would be cute to go with these: Painted Paper Flower Hats for a bridal or baby shower or a really fun birthday party. (ps: Screensaver is from Door 16.)
Click through for more photos and instructions.
1. The very festive honeycomb display on Love Taza.
2. We are so excited about this book (via Creature Comforts.)
3. Stephmodo‘s new project for Anthropologie.
4. Un Beau Jour‘s delicious save the dates. (I love this French wedding blog!)
5. Tips and tricks for throwing an awesome event (by Designlovefest.)