1. The simple ideas are often the best. I love these votive holders by Creature Comforts.
2. These Imm-Living cake plates are seriously awesome (via Hank & Hunt.)
3. A Subtle Revelry nailed it with these striped birthday candles.
4. Sweet Paul‘s monkeys on straws are genius.
5. I love the look of these delicious-looking hexagons by Anthology Magazine.
There are so many beautiful wooden cakeplates and pedestals out there these days. I like them because it makes a cake look a little more organic and rough than a shiny white cakestand. Here is a little round up of some of my favorites. Any of them strike your fancy?