Move over cupcakes, donuts are here and it’s hard for anyone to compete with warm sugary fried bread. (I mean, have you ever put a donut in a microwave?) These delicious treats are so good they need a party all their own. Enter: a fancy donut party. This spread was very easy to put together and I like things that are easy but have a big effect. A donut bar would work great as a dessert table at a wedding or even a shower. Here is the DIY for the donut hole croquembouche. (Or for a more casual party don’t forget the Donut Tree.)
1. The simple ideas are often the best. I love these votive holders by Creature Comforts.
2. These Imm-Living cake plates are seriously awesome (via Hank & Hunt.)
3. A Subtle Revelry nailed it with these striped birthday candles.
4. Sweet Paul‘s monkeys on straws are genius.
5. I love the look of these delicious-looking hexagons by Anthology Magazine.
There are so many beautiful wooden cakeplates and pedestals out there these days. I like them because it makes a cake look a little more organic and rough than a shiny white cakestand. Here is a little round up of some of my favorites. Any of them strike your fancy?