Yesterday, I realized we are halfway through November. If you are going to do a little advent calendar this is the time to order the supplies to be ready for December 1. Here are the advent calendar ideas we’ve done in the past. We have a tradition of doing a little Christmas-y activity for each day before Christmas. Things like go ice skating or hang mistletoe or make spiced cider. So the advent calendar is a big deal in our house. Find the instructions and supply lists below. (I think the mini tree one is my favorite.)
Here’s what you need:
1. Mini Tree Advent Calendar - 25 Mini Pine Trees, 25 2″ Brown Boxes, Free Downloadable Template, Quick Dry Tacky Glue, Scissors
2. Chalkboard Advent Calendar - Chalkboard Spray Paint, 25 2″ Boxes, Chalk, Ribbon
3. Advent Calendar Iron On - Iron-On Transfer Paper, 6″x4″ Cotton Muslin Bags, Iron, Printer
4. Printable Advent Calendar - Printable
5. Holiday Box Advent Calendar - 24 3×3″ Boxes (bigger is alright if you don’t mind a border), Tape, Scissors, Printout
6. Giant Advent Calendar - 1.25″ White Wool Felt Numbers, 3″ Wool Felt Circles, 2 yards printed Christmas tree fabric from Ikea, Thread, Sewing Needle, Scissors and Two 62″ Wooden Dowels
And if you need ideas for objects to put in your calendar, here are a bunch of things that I like to include.
When we do advent calendars we have a tradition of doing an activity every day as a countdown to Christmas. I also like to put in a piece of candy or stickers, or a small toy. Here are some of my go-to toys to stick in an advent calendar. They are small so they can fit in a little box and most are very inexpensive. These also work great as stocking stuffers. I place an order of these kinds of toys a few times a year. I’m always happy to have them around for last minute surprises. What are your favorite small gifts for kids?
Here is another advent calendar. This one involves little boxes and chalkboard paint plus a little tree to hang them on. This is super easy and inexpensive to make. You can make the whole thing in about an hour. See more of our advent calendar ideas right here.
Click through for instructions.