The last few years as the Oh Happy Day team has grown, we’ve been taking an epic team photo for our holiday card. This year was a pretty pivotal one for us, (we launched our new product line as well as created Color Factory) so we needed an over-the-top team photo to match. I asked teammembers Amy Moss and Sarah Kate Price to style the photo. The initial inspiration was Wes Anderson meets Gucci with an Oh Happy Day twist. We spent more hours than we’d care to admit scouring the internet, thrift shops, and our own closets for special pieces that felt exciting. Scroll through to see what we came up with!
First, Amy and Sarah asked everyone to bring in their best sequined clothes and accessories to the studio. It was INSANE. There were piles of clothes and shoes and scarves and sunglasses everywhere. Amy unfurled her collections of perfectly patterned socks and exquisite accessories. Sarah brought in her crazy lady hats and shoes and thrift store hauls from the last decade. It was pretty much a bunch of girls playing dress up in our studio for the weeks leading up to the photoshoot.
Once we had it all at the studio Amy and Sarah got to work putting together outfits. It was really coming together. Then I found THIS RIDICULOUS RAINBOW JUMPSUIT and it was on sale. Luckily I’m surrounded by a team of enablers who said things like “it’s classic” and “you’ll wear it all the time” and “I mean really, its a staple.” We also found a bunch of random vintage ballgowns on Etsy for $40-60 and ordered them. There were 13 team members, finding all those outfits that looked good together was no small feat. At one point Amy realized we needed to pull in more chartreuse so we had to rush order this sculptural dress from And Other Stories. Like most things we get excited about, this project went over time and over budget. Amy and Sarah are geniuses and it was so exciting seeing all the textures and colors come together.
- On Jen- tee shirt, Clutch (similar here), peacock patch, flower patch, Coat (similar here), Pants (similar here), glasses, shoes
- On Andrea: socks, earrings, dress (similar here), pin (similar here), shoes
- On Sarah: top, shoes, skirt (similar here), Earrings (similar here), bolo tie (similar here), head scarf (similar here), socks, glasses (similar here)
- On Jacqueline: boots,, dress (similar here), earrings, bandana
- On Alison: beret, dress, socks, shoes
- On Naomi: Tee Shirt, Skirt, clutch (similar here)
- On Jordan: jumpsuit, earrings
- On Claire: beret, dress (similar here), clutch, earrings (similar here)
- On Julia: shoes, hat, pants, top (similar here)
- On Ida: shoes, skirt (similar here), bag (similar here), beret, glasses (similar here), tee
- On Amy: socks, skirt, shoes (similar here), top, glasses
- On Erica: shoes, top (similar here), pants, hair clip (similar here), necklace
- On Justine: Dress, Shoes (similar here), bag